By Marion Turner
- Includes 26 new essays via top students of overdue medieval literature
- Sets the hot regular for an advent to the learn of past due medieval literature
- Showcases the most up-tp-date state-of-the-art theoretical research
- Demonstrates a variety of ways to past due medieval literature
- Brings jointly severe conception and medieval literature
Read Online or Download A Handbook of Middle English Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks) PDF
Similar literary medieval criticism books
An authoritative review and invaluable source for college kids and students of Roman heritage and Latin literature throughout the reign of Nero. the 1st booklet of its variety to regard this period, which has received in acceptance in recent times Makes a lot very important examine to be had in English for the 1st time encompasses a stability of recent examine with tested serious strains bargains an strange breadth and diversity of fabric, together with giant remedies of politics, management, the imperial courtroom, paintings, archaeology, literature and reception stories incorporates a mixture of demonstrated students and groundbreaking new voices comprises distinct maps and illustrations
A follow-up book to the guide of Medieval stories, this new reference paintings turns to another concentration: medieval tradition. Medieval learn has grown drastically intensive and breadth during the last many years. relatively our realizing of medieval tradition, of the fundamental residing stipulations, and the explicit price process popular at the moment has significantly extended, to some extent the place we're at risk of now not seeing the proverbial wooded area for the bushes.
A lot has been written concerning the contribution of historical Greece to trendy discourses of homosexuality, yet Rome's major rôle has been principally neglected. historical Rome and the development of recent gay Identities explores the contested background of responses to Roman antiquity, protecting parts comparable to literature, the visible arts, pop culture, scholarship, and pornography.
Homeric Epic and its Reception, comprising twelve chapter—some formerly released yet revised for this assortment, and others showing the following in print for the 1st time—offers literary interpretations of the Iliad, the Odyssey, and the Homeric Hymn to Aphrodite. whereas a few chapters heavily learn the diction, meter, sort, and thematic resonance of specific passages and episodes within the Iliad and the Odyssey, others followdiverse pathways into the translation of the epics, together with mythological allusion, intertextuality, the metrics of the Homeric hexameter, and the basic distinction among divinity and humanity.
- Allegorical Bodies: Power and Gender in Late Medieval France
- Antimercantilism in Late Medieval English Literature (The New Middle Ages)
- A Companion to Old Norse-Icelandic Literature and Culture (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
- From Literacy to Literature: England, 1300-1400
- Neidhart und die Neidhart-Lieder: Ein Handbuch (De Gruyter Reference) (German Edition)
- Elektra (Griechische Dramen) (German Edition)
Additional info for A Handbook of Middle English Studies (Critical Theory Handbooks)