By Rajen Harshé,Dhananjay Tripathi
Owing to its geo-strategic situation and mineral wealth, Afghanistan has obtained importance within the inter-state politics of Asia in addition to international politics in the past a long time. This ebook outlines Afghanistan’s efforts to construct a sturdy and peaceable democratic polity, with exterior army help from the USA and its NATO allies. It additionally analyses the nation’s improvement tasks with significant powers corresponding to India, the USA, Russia and Germany. The volume:
• brings to the fore ongoing tensions in the Afghan polity and its endured influence on Asian/world politics;
• discusses topical issues reminiscent of withdrawal folks troops and non-traditional defense; and
• provides views from students and specialists from world wide, together with Afghans.
This paintings should be worthwhile to students and researchers in political technological know-how, diplomacy, sociology, quarter reviews, and the normal reader.
Read or Download Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories PDF
Best terrorism books
This ebook examines Pakistan's innovations within the struggle opposed to Islamist armed teams that started overdue 2001, following the 11th of September assaults. the importance of the battle within Pakistan can hardly ever be understated. beginning within the tribal territories adjoining to Afghanistan, Pakistan’s struggle has come to engulf nearly all of the rustic via a brutal crusade of suicide bombings.
Delivering an outline of the responses taken by way of the government to matters revolving round felony justice, each one bankruptcy specializes in a distinct challenge and exhibits what diversified presidents have acknowledged, what guidelines have been proposed and/or glided by Congress, and any situations heard by means of the ideally suited court docket at the factor.
Whilst initially released in 1985 this quantity was once the 1st scholarly and target contribution to be had on Rhodesian counter-insurgency. It records and explains why Rhodesia misplaced the battle. The origins of the clash are reviewed; every one bankruptcy examines a separate establishment or counter-insurgency technique at once with regards to the improvement of the clash, concluding with a precis view of the Rhodesian protection state of affairs either earlier and current.
A lot has been written approximately U. S. intelligence operations. even if, intelligence, because it is carried out within the U. S. family setting, has frequently been taken care of in a fractured and sensationalistic demeanour. This publication dispassionately assesses the U. S. regionally orientated intelligence company by way of first studying its person elements after which exhibiting how these elements, either federal and non-federal, paintings in conjunction to shape a regularly unacknowledged constitution that's greater than the sum of its components.
- Terrorism and Counterintelligence: How Terorist Groups Elude Detection (Columbia Studies in Terrorism and Irregular Warfare)
- Prisons, Terrorism and Extremism: Critical Issues in Management, Radicalisation and Reform (Political Violence)
- Turning to Political Violence: The Emergence of Terrorism
- Investigating Religious Terrorism and Ritualistic Crimes
- Transitional Justice in Practice: Conflict, Justice, and Reconciliation in the Solomon Islands
Extra info for Afghanistan Post-2014: Power configurations and evolving trajectories