By Raina Robeva,Terrell Hodge
Mathematical options and techniques in smooth Biology deals a quantitative framework for interpreting, predicting, and modulating the habit of advanced organic structures. The ebook offers vital mathematical thoughts, tools and instruments within the context of crucial questions raised in glossy biology.
Designed round the rules of project-based studying and problem-solving, the e-book considers organic subject matters similar to neuronal networks, plant inhabitants progress, metabolic pathways, and phylogenetic tree reconstruction. The mathematical modeling instruments dropped at undergo on those subject matters comprise Boolean and usual differential equations, projection matrices, agent-based modeling and a number of other algebraic ways. Heavy computation in the various examples is eased via freely to be had open-source software.
- Features self-contained chapters with actual organic learn examples utilizing freely to be had computational tools
- Spans a number of mathematical suggestions at uncomplicated to complex levels
- Offers wide viewpoint at the makes use of of algebraic geometry/polynomial algebra in molecular structures biology
Read or Download Mathematical Concepts and Methods in Modern Biology: Using Modern Discrete Models PDF
Best mathematical analysis books
The aim of this monograph is to provide the wide points of nonlinear identity and keep an eye on utilizing neural networks. It makes use of a few simulated and business examples all through, to illustrate the operation of nonlinear identity and keep an eye on options utilizing neural networks.
Solitons have been chanced on by way of John Scott Russel in 1834, and feature scientists and mathematicians ever in view that. they've been the topic of a giant physique of study in a large choice of fields of physics and arithmetic, let alone engineering and different branches of technology reminiscent of biology.
This specified factor of Mathematical pondering and studying describes versions and modeling views towards arithmetic challenge fixing, studying, and instructing. the worry isn't just the mature different types of types and modeling in groups of scientists and mathematicians, but in addition the necessity to start up scholars in those kinds of notion.
This publication illustrates how you can use advanced how to research inverse difficulties for partial differential equations in and in larger dimensions, e. g. , Calderón difficulties. either theoretical elements and numerical algorithms for inverse difficulties are mentioned. The e-book is well-suited for researchers operating in inverse difficulties and for graduate scholars in utilized arithmetic.
- Stochastic Analysis and Applications to Finance:Essays in Honour of Jia-an Yan: 13 (Interdisciplinary Mathematical Sciences)
- Methods and Applications of Longitudinal Data Analysis
- Stochastic Analysis: Proceedings of the Durham Symposium on Stochastic Analysis, 1990 (London Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series)
- A Course in Complex Analysis: From Basic Results to Advanced Topics
- Computational and Numerical Challenges in Environmental Modelling (Studies in Computational Mathematics)
- Stochastic Analysis and Related Topics V:: The Silivri Workshop, 1994 (Progress in Probability)
Extra resources for Mathematical Concepts and Methods in Modern Biology: Using Modern Discrete Models