By Gary LaFree,Joshua D. Freilich
The guide of the Criminology of Terrorism incorporates a choice of essays that signify the latest criminological learn on the subject of the origins and evolution of, besides responses to, terrorism, from a criminological perspective.
- Offers an authoritative review of the newest criminological learn into the motives of and responses to terrorism in today’s world
- Covers extensive topics that come with terrorism’s origins, theories, methodologies, varieties, dating to other kinds of crime, terrorism and the legal justice approach, how you can counter terrorism, and more
- Features unique contributions from a gaggle of foreign specialists within the field
- Provides designated insights into the sector via an specific specialize in criminological conceptual frameworks and empirical experiences that interact terrorism and responses to it
Read or Download The Handbook of the Criminology of Terrorism (Wiley Handbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice) PDF
Best terrorism books
This publication examines Pakistan's techniques within the battle opposed to Islamist armed teams that all started overdue 2001, following the September 11 assaults. the importance of the warfare inside of Pakistan can not often be understated. beginning within the tribal territories adjoining to Afghanistan, Pakistan’s warfare has come to engulf the vast majority of the rustic via a brutal crusade of suicide bombings.
Supplying an outline of the responses taken through the government to concerns revolving round felony justice, every one bankruptcy specializes in a special challenge and indicates what diverse presidents have stated, what guidelines have been proposed and/or glided by Congress, and any circumstances heard by means of the excellent courtroom at the factor.
Whilst initially released in 1985 this quantity used to be the 1st scholarly and aim contribution to be had on Rhodesian counter-insurgency. It records and explains why Rhodesia misplaced the battle. The origins of the clash are reviewed; every one bankruptcy examines a separate establishment or counter-insurgency approach without delay relating to the advance of the clash, concluding with a precis view of the Rhodesian safeguard state of affairs either previous and current.
A lot has been written approximately U. S. intelligence operations. besides the fact that, intelligence, because it is performed within the U. S. household surroundings, has frequently been handled in a fractured and sensationalistic demeanour. This booklet dispassionately assesses the U. S. locally orientated intelligence firm by way of first interpreting its person parts after which displaying how these parts, either federal and non-federal, paintings in conjunction to shape a regularly unacknowledged constitution that's greater than the sum of its components.
- Islamic Terror and the Balkans
- American Popular Culture in the Era of Terror: Falling Skies, Dark Knights Rising, and Collapsing Cultures: Falling Skies, Dark Knights Rising, and Collapsing Cultures
- The Brutalization of the World: From the Retreat of States to Decivilization
- Lebanon and the Arab Uprisings: In the Eye of the Hurricane (Durham Modern Middle East and Islamic World Series)
Extra resources for The Handbook of the Criminology of Terrorism (Wiley Handbooks in Criminology and Criminal Justice)