By Andrew Silke
Read or Download The Psychology of Counter-Terrorism (Political Violence) PDF
Best terrorism books
This publication examines Pakistan's ideas within the conflict opposed to Islamist armed teams that all started past due 2001, following the September 11 assaults. the importance of the struggle inside of Pakistan can infrequently be understated. beginning within the tribal territories adjoining to Afghanistan, Pakistan’s conflict has come to engulf the vast majority of the rustic via a brutal crusade of suicide bombings.
Offering an outline of the responses taken by means of the government to concerns revolving round felony justice, every one bankruptcy specializes in a special challenge and indicates what assorted presidents have acknowledged, what rules have been proposed and/or glided by Congress, and any situations heard through the perfect courtroom at the factor.
While initially released in 1985 this quantity used to be the 1st scholarly and aim contribution to be had on Rhodesian counter-insurgency. It files and explains why Rhodesia misplaced the struggle. The origins of the clash are reviewed; every one bankruptcy examines a separate establishment or counter-insurgency process at once concerning the advance of the clash, concluding with a precis view of the Rhodesian safeguard scenario either earlier and current.
A lot has been written approximately U. S. intelligence operations. even if, intelligence, because it is carried out within the U. S. family atmosphere, has frequently been taken care of in a fractured and sensationalistic demeanour. This booklet dispassionately assesses the U. S. locally orientated intelligence company through first reading its person parts after which displaying how these elements, either federal and non-federal, paintings in conjunction to shape a frequently unacknowledged constitution that's greater than the sum of its elements.
- Domestic Extremism and the Case of the Toronto 18
- Power, National Security, and Transformational Global Events: Challenges Confronting America, China, and Iran
- Genocide and its Threat to Contemporary International Order (New Security Challenges)
- Routledge Handbook of Critical Terrorism Studies (Routledge Handbooks)
- Realism and Fear in International Relations: Morgenthau, Waltz and Mearsheimer Reconsidered
- Droit international, sociétés militaires privées et conflit armé: Entre incertitudes et responsabilités (Mondialisation et droit international) (French Edition)
Extra info for The Psychology of Counter-Terrorism (Political Violence)